Wowzer! I could seriously beat myself up about crapping out on my endeavor to post a blog for 30 days straight but I’m choosing to give myself some grace instead.
Here’s what I’ve learned since my last post (you know, the one I did two months ago…)
- I’m a perfectionist. Perfectionism and blogging do NOT go well together.
- Hands down, I’m a whole-hearted believer that He intends for me to blog. I can’t shake the darn call. Sorry, Lord, but I just haven’t truly embraced it yet.
- Evernote is an awesome app for organizing the mind-racing thoughts that will eventually turn in to blog posts. If you don’t have Evernote – it makes for an amazing, easily accessible ‘electronic swipe file’
- Losing sight of the true intention is never glorious. It just causes more chaos. I think this is true for whatever you endeavor but it has been especially significant as I battled this call to blog over the past couple months.
- I’m also a worry-wart. Well, actually, I’m battling with this one in my inner-being. I’m not sure I ‘worry’ so much as I ‘acknowledge concern’ for things. I don’t doubt that He has a purpose and a plan regardless of whether I see it … I just often forget to breathe and lean in to Him as it works itself out (but I’m working on this, really, I am)
- Followers just want to hear from you. You put the pressure on yourself. Realistically, I cannot commit to a blog post a day. It was an unrealistic self-expectation. What was I thinking?! #pressure
- Consistency is my 2017 word … yep, consistency. I know what I need to do, I just need to do it consistently. And I am capable. I am!
So what am I going to do with all this knowledge? I’m scrapping the goal of ’30 days of blog posts’ and instead, I’m implementing the ‘consistency’ endeavor! For starters, my much-more-realistic-for-me goal is to post once a week. Eh. Once a week. I can handle that.
Here are some of the title lines in my swipe file on Evernote (read as: here’s a teaser on what’s to come), in no certain order:
- Struggling With Tenacity
- 40 x 40
- Deciding On Our Date
- You Know Me – The Inconsiderate Friend
- Doctors Don’t Know Everything – The Nurse Wasn’t Crazy
- Anticipating A Few Milestone Moments In 2017
There are others but these are the ones already bubbling over in my mind so stick around and see how I do … it’ll be fun!